At RaD Car Hire, the privacy of your personal information is important to us.
By using our website www.radcarhire.com.au you agree to the terms of this policy.
What Personal Information is Collected
We only collect information relevant to our business interaction with you. This information is for the purpose of providing you our products and services, safely and efficiently. The information we collect, and our reasons for this, is explained below but not limited to:
- Contact Information: Name, address, contact telephone number, email address and driver’s licence number, including a copy of your driver’s licence. This information is used when you book a vehicle. We need this information to provide you with our products and services.
- Billing Information: credit card number and billing address.
- Preferences Information: order history and product preferences.
- Product Usage Information: pick up and drop off locations of vehicle, and the distance it is driven.
- Website Information: IP address, browser type, operating system, page view history.
If you enter any of our competitions or promotions, we may need to collect specific personal information. This information will only be used with your active consent.
We also use social media sites such as Facebook. These services may be connected to our website. Your usage of these sites is entirely optional. We may make use of any information that you make public on these sites such as posts and reviews for the purposes of the business.
All third-party services, such as payment services, are governed by their own privacy policies. We take no responsibility for their usage or collection of your personal information.
RaD Car Hire may also receive certain information that may be provided by your browser or mobile device as we have google analytics embedded on our website and it collects various data (see examples below). See Google’s Privacy and Terms.
- Browser information
- Operating system information
- Mobile device information
- IP address
- Pages accessed
- Time of visit
- Time of last visit
- Referring site, application, or service, including the relevant search queries that led you to RaD Car Hires’ website
If you wish to “opt-out” or block the cookies on our website being downloaded onto your device, you can do this on the cookie settings on your internet browser.
How/Why We Collect, Use and Disclose Personal Information
We only collect, use and disclose your Personal Information to provide our products and service to the best of our ability, and where we have legal basis to do so. We also collect Personal Information to help us identify ways to improve our products and services, and to assist our internal administration and operations. These include, but are not limited to, accounting, risk management, record keeping, systems development and testing, and staff training.
It is necessary for us to collect, use and disclose your Personal Information when entering our rental vehicle services contract with you, for the following reasons:
- Provide you with the services you have requested
- Fulfil your order
- Send you an order confirmation
- Assess your order to meet your requests and requirements
- Send product updates or warranty information
- Send you requested product or service information
- Respond to customer service requests, questions or concerns
- If the rental vehicle breaks down, tow to the nearest place of repair or safety
- If you incur a traffic infringement which is sent to us, we will collect the information in the infringement notice
Or for the purposes of our legitimate interests as follows:
- Conducting our business, which may include managing and analysing customer data or reviewing our own processes to try improve our business.
- Improving our website and marketing efforts, including online marketing efforts
- Running competitions you have entered
- Optimising your experience as a customer of our services or visitor to the website.
We also collect, use and disclose your Personal Information where it is necessary to comply with legal obligations.
Who and Why We Disclose Personal Information with Third Parties
We may share your Personal Information with third parties only in the ways that are described in this Policy. We do not sell your Personal Information to third parties. We may share your Personal Information with companies that provide services to help us with our business activities such as credit card and payment facility providers, ad network providers, and customer service providers. We may also share your Personal Information with our business and marketing advisers in order for them to undertake research and analysis for us and to provide business and marketing analysis, advice and services to us. Where we share your Personal Information with such third parties we only do so in order that they can provide these services to us or for our benefit, and we do not permit them to use or disclose your Personal Information for their own purposes.
We may disclose your Personal Information:
- to enforce our terms and conditions, or as required by law such as to comply with a subpoena, or similar legal process
- when we believe on reasonable grounds that disclosure is necessary to protect our property, our legal rights, your safety or the safety of others;
- so we, or other authorised agencies (including credit card and payment facility providers) can detect, investigate, prevent or address, fraud, security or technical issues;
- to respond to a government request to which we are required by law to respond, or where the Privacy Act permits us to respond;
- to any other third party with your prior consent to do so; or
- for the purposes of carrying out the matters noted in the section below on the Management of Personal Information.
If we are involved in a merger, acquisition, or sale of all or a portion of our assets, you will be notified via email and/or a prominent notice on our website of any change in ownership or uses of your personal information, as well as any choices you may have regarding your Personal Information.
How We Protect Your Information
At RaD Car Hire, we are committed to protecting your Personal Information. We do our best effort, using reasonable administrative, technical and physical measures to protect your Personal Information from loss, misuse, unauthorised use, theft or modification. However, there is no completely secure method of transmitting and storing data.
We will retain your Personal Information for only as long as necessary to carry out our best Service to you and meet our obligations as the Service provider, to protect our legal interests, to comply with legal requirements or otherwise stated when we collect your Personal Information.
How to Access, Correct or Update Your Information
You may contact us, via phone (1800 73 68 23) or email ([email protected]), at any time to give you access or information regarding your Personal Information that we hold about you. To keep your information safe, we may ask for further information to confirm your identity. If you notice any mistakes in your Personal Information, or wish to update it, please ring or email us so that we can correct it.
How To Contact Us
Email: [email protected] or Phone: 1800 73 68 23